Become a Toigo Fellow
The Toigo Innovation
Toigo is highly regarded for its innovative programming and services that meet the needs of both the supply and demand side of the diversity problem in finance. This is accomplished through the Toigo Fellowship for MBA students and the Toigo Institute, introduced in 2009, for our post-graduate population (Toigo Alumni).
The Toigo Fellowship
The selection of each year’s class of Toigo Fellows is a fluid process and not limited to a specific number. Recently, we have selected as many as 80 students (from our applicant pool of nearly 400) to become Toigo Fellows. Fellows are selected in the summer before they begin business school. The funding of financial awards for future Toigo classes will vary from the historical practice of a stated amount per year to incorporate funding awards based on achievement and to address (where appropriate) financial need. The parameters of this feature of our program are being refined at this time and an update will be provided by the end of the current application cycle. This change allows for the Foundation to shift its investment toward an increased professional development curriculum and career management services. At the same time, students will have the opportunity to demonstrate their achievement in a variety of leadership areas in keeping with the mission and objectives of the Toigo Foundation. Click here to learn more about the Fellowship and the application process.
- PREPARATION – Fellows attend an intense Toigo summer preparatory session before starting business school. We match each fellow with a seasoned mentor who works in the industry.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – We help MBA students assess their career focus, and provide mentoring not just early in their careers but later as they seek career advancement.
- NETWORKING – Fellows and alumni have access to a dynamic network of 1,300 (and growing) minority MBA graduates working in finance. Toigo fellows agree that this powerful web of support throughout their careers is the by far the biggest benefit of the fellowship.
- PRESTIGE – Our fellows enjoy stand-out distinction in the eyes of employers and industry leaders.
- CAREER CONNECTIONS – We offer lifelong introductions, professional development and employment opportunities for careers in private equity, hedge funds, investment banking, investment management, venture, real estate, public service—and more.
Who can apply?
- Ethnic minorities
- Applying to or accepted into an accredited US-based program (2-year is typical but includes JD/MBA, Masters in Real Estate, Masters in Finance)
- Interested in pursuing a career in finance